Friday, May 20, 2016

THE TRANSITION/ BIG CHOP

This is the process of going from straight relaxed hair to kinky/coily/curly hair. When I started this step I simply stopped getting relaxers. As time went by I started to see my natural kinky texture show itself. This step didn't last long for me so I didn't have many pictures to show this. The picture below shows and example of how my transitioning hair looked. In the picture my hair was wet.
The line of demarcation that separated my relaxed hair from my naturally kinky hair was pretty clear.
Because I was anxious to see my hair without my relaxed ends I big chopped. The "BIG CHOP" simply means that someone is cutting off all of their relaxed hair only to leave their natural unrelaxed hair that had grown in. The photos below shows the results of my big chop :D!

 
 I was pretty excited about my results but had no idea of how to care for my natural hair. It was a trial and error process for me the first few months but I FINALLY figured it out :)!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment